Commenting on my friends blog!
Recent Updates Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
The reading workshop wants to know do you have good integrity or do you not!Tell me right here or comment on the reading workshop !
Here is my response Integrity does matter to me because I do not want people to look at me and say don’t hang with her because she talks about people,or she steals things.No I want people to say that I am a good person and we should hang out with her.
Kevin’s Integrity compares to mine because he doesn’t want to hurt anyone feelings because he knew he was going to die so he just had to get them not to worry about and while you live have fun!
My integrity guides how I live because when you get older say you want a job at a bank but, you don’t have good integrity, so you know for a fact you probably won’t get a job at that bank.
So if you want to read more responses then go to the reading workshop just click this link right now!
This is another project for the reading workshop.We got pared up with a person in our classroom and we have to study them and we write stuff about them so that is what this is about.But we are not supposed to give this persons name out so I will use he.
- He is:A good listener,I know this because he is always paying attention in class).
- He is athletic,I know this because he is very skinny and loves sports.
- He works hard for his grade,I know this because he is very slow and he takes his time on school work.
- He takes his time on tests,I know this because he works hard for his grade.
- He likes sports,I know this because every time we play a sport he wants to join.
- His favorite subject is Physical Education,I know this because he likes sports.
- He has black hair.
- He has brown eyes.
- He is a slow learner,I know this because you have to explain thins to him the way he can understand.
- ****He sometimes acts grouchy,because he can be mean sometimes if you are mean to him.
- He sticks up for people,He tells the people who does something to you that if you didn’t do it you didn’t do it.
- He leaves almost every day from school.
- What surprised me most is he is hypersensitive,he can be way too sensitive!
- He can be hyperactive,you never see him without playing a sport.
- He listens to what you say and sometimes understands how you feel.
- He is Confident.
- On the field trip he acted very interested in what Mr.Knoop had to say.
- On the field trip he was very quiet and hardly said anything.
- On the field trip he was excited to do the things that our class did.
- He was polite on the field trip.
- He enjoyed the field trip very much.
- He was good on the field trip and didn’t get in any trouble.
Here is another part of a project for the reading workshop!1. Create your characters and develop their characteristics and physical traits. Is there a villain and what is he/she like? How does the bad guy impact the story?Kaylee-likes sports plays basketball,volleyball, and cheer leading also likes to spend time with friends and family and swim.She had dark black hair with dark brown eyes.She is very shy.
Karly-likes sports plays volleyball,basketball,shot put and competitive cheer leading also likes to go to church,spend time with family and swim!Has bleach blonde hair and baby blue eyes.She is bold.
Shaylee- plays volleyball,basketball,cheerleading and softball likes to hang with friends and swim with them too!She has dirty blonde hair with dark blue eyes.Not afraid to do anything.
Hannah-plays basketball,volleyball,softball,and she loves to hang with her family and swim for fun along with her friends of course!She has brown hair with blonde streaks in it and dark brown eyes.She is sassy and not afrais to do or say anything.
Trog and his other gang-the mean animals in utopia back in 1962,they plays tricks on you and is very mean when you pass them,beware he bites!He is a green,yellow and orange creature,he has coal-black eyes with rotten hair and he is not a nice creature if you get near him.Bore-The friendly pet,a bird, and he is big enough to travel on.He is blue,lime green and purple!
The villain is the trog and his gang!They all look-alike too! The villain affects the story because the girls all come across them and do not get out so will they get out or is this going to be the end for one or all of them?2. Create the setting. Where and when does the story take place. How does the setting impact the story?The setting is at Utopia and their hometown River heights!The story takes place in the original 2010 and then in Utopia 1962.The setting impacts the story because they know they have been sent back to 1962 at Utopia(an unknown land)3. Create the problem or conflict?The problem in the story is the girls can’t find their way back home because they opened a door and can’t find their way back home. What minor problems will build tension leading to the climax?They coem across a villain and don’t know how to get out. How will the main character react when faced with the main problem/conflict?She will try to get her group to come up with a plan.
4. What crisis will occur at the last-minute which will grab the reader and give the main character a last chance to solve the problem?They all work together when they find they have secret powers . Plan for a fingernail biting moment.When they come across a trog and the trog says he will try to kill one of the girls.
5. How will the main character solve the problem?When she finds out they have secret powers she uses them and she ends up finding where they go to go back home.What positive attribute like courage, creativity, or intelligence does he/she possess which will help him succeed?They possess courage and intelligence.
6. Finish with style. What lesson does the main character learn?Some doors sould never be open . How will the reader connect and learn from the moral?You should not be nosing around people’s doors or closet.
How many characters will there be?3What are the names of the characters? Kaylee, Karly, and ShayleeWho is the main character? Karly
Where does the story take place? River heights
When does the story take place? They go back in time at 1962
What will happen in the story? They discover a different world and go in it and dangerous things happen and they want to come back but is not sure how?
What problems occur? They want to find their way home away from dangerous people
How will the problems be solved? They discover that they have secret powers
What moral or lesson will be learned? That some doors should never be opened
Yesterday I was asked if I was in the same position as Russell what would I do?Also what would you do about a bully?Here is my answers:
If I was in the same position of Russell I would ask the bully why he was doing this to me.If that didn’t work I would tell a grown up.I would also try to be his friend and not interfere with the bully.I would try to stay by a friend or grown-up.
What I can do about a bully is tell a grown up or I would have my mom,dad,or one of my brothers pick me up from school and tell her what was happening.Either that or I would ask the bully to “please leave me alone”.I would also try to go a different way and make sure that when I go that way that the bully is not watching me and not paying attention.
If you want to read more go to the reading workshop right now and check out everyone’s comments.
What I am doing to steer my life toward success is I try to get good grades in school,I work hard and I try to have a good life.So that when I get older I can be a veterinarian or whatever I do in my life to steer it to success!
This is another post for the reading workshop!So what is your potential?Here’s my post:
I think I am not even close to being at the top of the meter, I also think I am not even half way.My score would not be even half way.My best is trying as hard as I can and my mom always told me try your best and thats all you can do.I always try my best but I don’t put enough potential in it.
Even though Brock thought he couldn’t go to the 50 yd. line he made it to the 100 yd. line and he didn’t even know it!He was so strong and he had the faith that he could carry a 160 lbs man all the way across the football field(100 yd.).
I think Mr.Mcguire’s right,nobody will be there to tell you, that you can make it, and you should just believe in yourself and try your hardest!I think every one in the sixth grade should try there hardest and make Laurelville school a top scorer!
You can read more at the reading workshop!
I can not believe how lucky I am to have a family like mine! My whole life is hanging with my family!I am going to write a poem about my family:
We may not be perfect
But in our own ways
We may have made mistakes
But we fix them
We may fight
But thats alright
We sometimes fear on things
But we help each other through it
Thats my family and I would not change a thing!
I can not wait until summer!The time of year where you can hang with friends and chill in the pool.Maybe even eat an ice cream cone!But the best thing about summer is no school!I like school but every day you work and work!But the thing that I love about summer the most is swimming it is so awesome!So what do you think about summer what do you like the most?You can comment right here and tell me!